By Michael Hüttermann
Agile ALM is a consultant for Java builders who are looking to combine versatile agile practices and light-weight tooling alongside all levels of the software program improvement approach. The e-book introduces a brand new imaginative and prescient for dealing with swap in specifications and strategy extra successfully and flexibly. It synthesizes technical and sensible components to supply a accomplished method of software program development.
About the Technology
Agile software Lifecycle administration (Agile ALM) combines versatile strategies with light-weight instruments in a complete and sensible method of construction, checking out, integrating, and deploying software program. Taking an agile method of ALM improves product caliber, reduces time to marketplace, and makes for happier developers.
About the Book
Agile ALM is a advisor for Java builders, testers, and free up engineers. by means of following dozens of experience-driven examples, you'll discover ways to see the complete program lifecycle as a suite of outlined initiatives, after which grasp the instruments and practices you want to accomplish these initiatives successfully. The booklet introduces state of the art, light-weight instruments which can substantially enhance the rate and fluidity of improvement and indicates you ways to combine them into your processes.
The instruments and examples are Java-based, however the Agile ALM rules observe to all improvement platforms.
What's Inside* an intensive advent to Agile ALM
* construct an built-in Java-based Agile ALM toolchain
* Use Scrum for unlock management
* Reviewed by way of a workforce of 20 Agile ALM experts
Table of Contents<ol><h5>PART 1 advent TO AGILE ALM</h5> * Getting begun with Agile ALM
* ALM and Agile concepts <h5>PART 2 useful AGILE ALM</h5>
* utilizing Scrum for liberate administration
* Task-based improvement <h5>PART three INTEGRATION AND liberate MANAGEMENT</h5>
* Integration and free up administration
* making a efficient improvement setting
* complex CI instruments and recipes <h5>PART four OUTSIDE-IN AND BARRIER-FREE DEVELOPMENT</h5>
* requisites and attempt administration
* Collaborative and barrier-free improvement with Groovy and Scala
Read or Download Agile ALM: Lightweight tools and Agile strategies PDF
Similar software development books
The ebook covers the new new advances in software program engineering and data engineering. it's meant as a complement to the two-volume instruction manual of software program engineering and information engineering. The editor and authors are famous foreign specialists of their respective fields of craftsmanship. each one bankruptcy within the publication is solely self-contained and offers in-depth details on a selected subject of present curiosity.
You must discover sensible programming, yet are cast off by way of the tutorial suppose (tell me approximately monads only one extra time). you recognize you would like concurrent functions, but additionally be aware of those are virtually very unlikely to get correct. Meet Elixir, a useful, concurrent language equipped at the rock-solid Erlang VM.
If you’re a tech corporation, the main dramatic impression of megatrends like cloud computing, controlled companies, and the increase of client expertise won’t be felt on your company’s product line. the real disruption can be in your company version. destiny buyers won’t are looking to pay you excessive costs out of huge “CapEx” budgets anymore.
Additional resources for Agile ALM: Lightweight tools and Agile strategies
3 Development phases like design and development are often unreliable with unpredictable results, tools, and data. Phases are isolated and only loosely linked, as illustrated by the dotted lines in the figure. SCM activities like build/deploy are orthogonal to the phases and span them. They are often not reliable. Configuration items Configuration items refers to produced or consumed (used) artifacts or to (environmental) artifacts that created final artifacts. Depending on the point of view and the context, artifacts go by different names, products or deliverables (project management) or deployment units (software architecture), for example.
7. We’ll learn more about concrete Agile strategies in chapter 2 and we’ll discuss lightweight, primary open source tools throughout the rest of this book. Right now, we’ll look at the building blocks of Agile ALM. This information will give you the necessary preparation for subsequent chapters. 3 Building blocks of Agile ALM What exactly is Agile ALM and what value does it add? In this section, we’ll consider that question in the context of software releases and service orientation. We’ll also discuss how important it is to be focused on the stakeholders’ needs and to use a task-based approach.
ALM keeps lifecycle activities in sync. ALM doesn’t introduce any specific new methods of developing software. It’s more about introducing a supportive and implicit discipline to reduce complexity, keeping the people and processes in sync. ALM integrates tools. ALM isn’t only about tools and using them but also about picking the right tools, using them effectively, and, above all, integrating them. Integration implies a barrier-free chain of tools that share a high-level workflow and consolidated data sets.
Agile ALM: Lightweight tools and Agile strategies by Michael Hüttermann